HISTOPLASMOSIS RECORDS FORUM

Baltimore's first D.I.Y. Grindcore label! Grindcore, Goregrind, Crustgrind, Noisegrind, Deathgrind, Pornogrind, Gorenoise, Pornonoise...
 
HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 What Albums Have you Recently Bought?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
GrinchX

avatar

Posts : 672
Join date : 2010-05-19
Location : Dirty South

PostSubject: Re: What Albums Have you Recently Bought?   Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:55 pm

Its not about that. Its a similar situation to Razorback. Its about Relapse records continuing an increasing trend of signing the biggest and most marketable bands, as well as side projects of those bands, instead of releasing refreshing music like they used to. also, there has been some discrepancy in how they deal with their artists as far as promotion, profit from sales, etc. soilent green sued them a few years ago for non payment. bill yurkiewicz is not involved anymore. the list goes on and on but all signs point to Relapse not being credible anymore. bands are NOT going to profit from being on that label, and should have the gumption to realize that Relapse is only for cashing in on a metal scene that has grown exponentially in the last 15 years because of the internet. Dig it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://stereokiller.com/grinchfinger
Manzo

avatar

Posts : 115
Join date : 2010-06-03
Age : 30
Location : Pistoia (Italy)

PostSubject: Re: What Albums Have you Recently Bought?   Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:03 am

murdergrinder wrote:
Online scene infighting and pissing contests are for kids with white belts. This should be more like the real life local scenes like the ones we get drunk and play shows with :]

Relapse has slipped a little, but they were awesome at one point. Are you telling me that Exhumed, Flesh Parade, Hemdale, Gore Beyond Necropsy, and all the other alumni, affiliated, and even some of the current bands are all bad?

I agree with you in every word I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/notomorrowprods
Fred Sanford

avatar

Posts : 297
Join date : 2010-06-18
Age : 36
Location : Dudley Dawson Island/Forest Moon/Baltimore

PostSubject: Re: What Albums Have you Recently Bought?   Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:38 am

Anyone on this site besides me have work ties or buddies at Relapse? Lets talk real shit! Fuck that label! Yes at one point it was a sick label! I own mad Relapse shit! But in the end the label has now along with Razorback killed the underground scene in many ways!


I still love how Relapse back in the day tried to fuck Splatterreah over and the band told them back in 90 that they wanted to stay away from commercialism! lol Even the oldschool knew the label sucked balls!


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://k-k-k.com/
Iangorge

avatar

Posts : 491
Join date : 2010-08-03
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: What Albums Have you Recently Bought?   Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:17 am

Manzo wrote:
Ian wrote:
I thought that dude from The Anal Tag Team and I were the only ones who thought the underground scene was dumb. Welcome to the club. Occupation: 3.

I don't think that underground is dumb,I'm part of this world in first person with my distro/label.
I think that lot of people that is in the underground world, or think so, is dumb.

And often this people come out suddenly and seems that they are gods,and after a while,as fast as they appear,they (fortunately) disappear, following other trends.
Yeah, I should have worded what I said differently. What I meant was:

I think it's dumb to reject anything that isn't underground, even if it's good. Some dudes I know are like that. Like some dipshit I know, his favorite album is World Extermination by Insect Warfare, but he started hating it and stopped listening to it (and the band all-together) just because Earache re-released it. I was like "Surely there's some rational reason, right?" and he just said no, he didn't like it because it was too 'mainstream' for him.



-----signature-----
Bloodgorge - My Goregrind Band - http://bloodgorge.bandcamp.com/
Southern Moonrise Productions - My DIY Label - http://smprods.blogspot.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fred Sanford

avatar

Posts : 297
Join date : 2010-06-18
Age : 36
Location : Dudley Dawson Island/Forest Moon/Baltimore

PostSubject: Re: What Albums Have you Recently Bought?   Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:10 am

Ian wrote:
Manzo wrote:
Ian wrote:
I thought that dude from The Anal Tag Team and I were the only ones who thought the underground scene was dumb. Welcome to the club. Occupation: 3.

I don't think that underground is dumb,I'm part of this world in first person with my distro/label.
I think that lot of people that is in the underground world, or think so, is dumb.

And often this people come out suddenly and seems that they are gods,and after a while,as fast as they appear,they (fortunately) disappear, following other trends.
Yeah, I should have worded what I said differently. What I meant was:

I think it's dumb to reject anything that isn't underground, even if it's good. Some dudes I know are like that. Like some dipshit I know, his favorite album is World Extermination by Insect Warfare, but he started hating it and stopped listening to it (and the band all-together) just because Earache re-released it. I was like "Surely there's some rational reason, right?" and he just said no, he didn't like it because it was too 'mainstream' for him.




Don't even get me started on Insect Trendfare and them assholes taking in Eric T after he killed his ties to us in Baltimore by faking cancer! Fuck PLF too!









Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://k-k-k.com/
GrinchX

avatar

Posts : 672
Join date : 2010-05-19
Location : Dirty South

PostSubject: Re: What Albums Have you Recently Bought?   Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:57 am

Fred Sanford wrote:
Ian wrote:
Manzo wrote:
Ian wrote:
I thought that dude from The Anal Tag Team and I were the only ones who thought the underground scene was dumb. Welcome to the club. Occupation: 3.

I don't think that underground is dumb,I'm part of this world in first person with my distro/label.
I think that lot of people that is in the underground world, or think so, is dumb.

And often this people come out suddenly and seems that they are gods,and after a while,as fast as they appear,they (fortunately) disappear, following other trends.
Yeah, I should have worded what I said differently. What I meant was:

I think it's dumb to reject anything that isn't underground, even if it's good. Some dudes I know are like that. Like some dipshit I know, his favorite album is World Extermination by Insect Warfare, but he started hating it and stopped listening to it (and the band all-together) just because Earache re-released it. I was like "Surely there's some rational reason, right?" and he just said no, he didn't like it because it was too 'mainstream' for him.



Don't even get me started on Insect Trendfare and them assholes taking in Eric T after he killed his ties to us in Baltimore by faking cancer! Fuck PLF too!









Very Happy

even a breakup cant stop an earache rerelease baby.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://stereokiller.com/grinchfinger
Fred Sanford

avatar

Posts : 297
Join date : 2010-06-18
Age : 36
Location : Dudley Dawson Island/Forest Moon/Baltimore

PostSubject: Re: What Albums Have you Recently Bought?   Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:32 pm

I just broke up a blunt
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://k-k-k.com/
Skunk Carcass

avatar

Posts : 1030
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 29
Location : Chocolate caaaaaaaaaaaaake

PostSubject: Re: What Albums Have you Recently Bought?   Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:42 pm

Ian wrote:
too 'mainstream' for him.

Fred Sanford wrote:
Insect Trendfare

Laughing hahaha that is right. IW are OK but really overrated shit.



-----signature-----
IF YOU'RE NOT HAPPY WITH ME, FIRE ME. YOU'RE IN CONTROL. THANK YOU.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://facemelt420.blogspot.com/
KANZA

avatar

Posts : 406
Join date : 2010-05-17
Age : 32
Location : Near Amsterdam [NL]

PostSubject: Re: What Albums Have you Recently Bought?   Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:03 pm



Lovin' it !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pelle

avatar

Posts : 928
Join date : 2010-05-19
Location : Atrocity

PostSubject: Re: What Albums Have you Recently Bought?   Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:58 pm

Striktlickers - drink and destroy Cassette
Tumour / Twisted Truth Cassette split
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pelle

avatar

Posts : 928
Join date : 2010-05-19
Location : Atrocity

PostSubject: Re: What Albums Have you Recently Bought?   Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:11 pm

Red hot chili peppers - s/t 1984 LP

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iangorge

avatar

Posts : 491
Join date : 2010-08-03
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: What Albums Have you Recently Bought?   Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:47 pm

Celtic Frost - Morbid Tales Double EP



-----signature-----
Bloodgorge - My Goregrind Band - http://bloodgorge.bandcamp.com/
Southern Moonrise Productions - My DIY Label - http://smprods.blogspot.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pelle

avatar

Posts : 928
Join date : 2010-05-19
Location : Atrocity

PostSubject: Re: What Albums Have you Recently Bought?   Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:06 pm

Why is everyone so much against Insect warfare?
I think they're awsome, at least the music.. didnt knew they were sellouts of whatever people are saying..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skunk Carcass

avatar

Posts : 1030
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 29
Location : Chocolate caaaaaaaaaaaaake

PostSubject: Re: What Albums Have you Recently Bought?   Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:03 pm

they are ok. pretentious assholes playing "old school" grind that sounds just like everything else out now. also Relapse records sluts, they be. yessir



-----signature-----
IF YOU'RE NOT HAPPY WITH ME, FIRE ME. YOU'RE IN CONTROL. THANK YOU.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://facemelt420.blogspot.com/
Meat-tenderizer01

avatar

Posts : 484
Join date : 2010-05-18
Age : 26
Location : Crackhead Central, New York

PostSubject: Re: What Albums Have you Recently Bought?   Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:38 pm

Neuropathia - Graveyard Cowboys
Nyctophobic - Insects
Voivod - The Outer Limits
MANTICORE - Bowels of the Holy...
Cathedral - The Ethereal Mirror
Confessor - Unraveled
EXTREME NOISE TERROR - Retro-bution
AGIEL - Dark Pantheons Again Will Reign
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/necrovomitproductions
Skunk Carcass

avatar

Posts : 1030
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 29
Location : Chocolate caaaaaaaaaaaaake

PostSubject: Re: What Albums Have you Recently Bought?   Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:48 pm

Meat-tenderizer01 wrote:
Nyctophobic - Insects


such a great band!!


the results of my first package from Histo!



-----signature-----
IF YOU'RE NOT HAPPY WITH ME, FIRE ME. YOU'RE IN CONTROL. THANK YOU.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://facemelt420.blogspot.com/
Pelle

avatar

Posts : 928
Join date : 2010-05-19
Location : Atrocity

PostSubject: Re: What Albums Have you Recently Bought?   Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:10 pm

Nice! Im awaiting a package from him too.. can post a pic of it when it arrives Smile Should be here any day
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KANZA

avatar

Posts : 406
Join date : 2010-05-17
Age : 32
Location : Near Amsterdam [NL]

PostSubject: Re: What Albums Have you Recently Bought?   Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:53 am

DEFORMER "Diabolical E.P."
[no - it's not metal, haha.]

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pelle

avatar

Posts : 928
Join date : 2010-05-19
Location : Atrocity

PostSubject: Re: What Albums Have you Recently Bought?   Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:52 pm

EDIT EDIT EDIT:.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pelle

avatar

Posts : 928
Join date : 2010-05-19
Location : Atrocity

PostSubject: Re: What Albums Have you Recently Bought?   Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:27 pm

V/A - Die Human Race flexi 7"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cocaineorgy

avatar

Posts : 11
Join date : 2010-10-17
Location : de-twat, michigan

PostSubject: Re: What Albums Have you Recently Bought?   Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:01 am

i just got fuck on the beach-fastcore on the beach. ive been wanting it since i was 14. so im pretty stoked on it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pelle

avatar

Posts : 928
Join date : 2010-05-19
Location : Atrocity

PostSubject: Re: What Albums Have you Recently Bought?   Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:07 am

some more shit this evening:

anal cunt - everyone should be killed CD
john zorn - spy vs. spy cd
john zorn(PainKiller) - Buried secrets cd
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skunk Carcass

avatar

Posts : 1030
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 29
Location : Chocolate caaaaaaaaaaaaake

PostSubject: Re: What Albums Have you Recently Bought?   Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:26 am

Pelle wrote:
john zorn(PainKiller) - Buried secrets cd


insane bounce



-----signature-----
IF YOU'RE NOT HAPPY WITH ME, FIRE ME. YOU'RE IN CONTROL. THANK YOU.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://facemelt420.blogspot.com/
Fred Sanford

avatar

Posts : 297
Join date : 2010-06-18
Age : 36
Location : Dudley Dawson Island/Forest Moon/Baltimore

PostSubject: Re: What Albums Have you Recently Bought?   Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:29 am

cocaineorgy wrote:
i just got fuck on the beach-fastcore on the beach. ive been wanting it since i was 14. so im pretty stoked on it.


Good Stuff!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://k-k-k.com/
Pelle

avatar

Posts : 928
Join date : 2010-05-19
Location : Atrocity

PostSubject: Re: What Albums Have you Recently Bought?   Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:48 pm

Yiffy Skunk 420 wrote:
Pelle wrote:
john zorn(PainKiller) - Buried secrets cd


insane bounce


Indeed! and I wrote wrong, it also includes the "Guts of a virgin" tracks, I already got just Buried Secrets but on vinyl! Cool Its insane, thats the word
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: What Albums Have you Recently Bought?   

Back to top Go down
 
What Albums Have you Recently Bought?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Similar topics
-
» What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got?
» Comedy Albums.
» Blue Oyster Cult - The Complete Columbia Albums Box Set
» UG's Top 10 Prog Albums Of All Time
» Top Selling Rock Albums Of All Time

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HISTOPLASMOSIS RECORDS FORUM :: Index :: General Music Board-
Jump to: